The Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources has proclaimed shellfish ban in eight different bays.
Affected areas are:
- Murcielagos Bay in Zamboanga del Norte
- Misamis Occidental
- Dumanquillas Bay in Zamboanga del Sur.
- Calbayog Waters in Samar
- Cambatutay Bay in Samar
- Irong Irong Bay in Samar
- Matarinao Bay in Eastern Samar
- Balite Bay in Davao Oriental
- Honda Bay in Puerto Princesa, Palawan.
The public is being warned about not buying, eating shellfish from this bay until toxic level will gone down