Filipinos are putting forth for expressing devotion towards the Lenten season by doing acts, such as fasting, abstinence, Visita Iglesia, procession and others. And, one of these practices done by devotees is the different kinds of festivals that are staged.
What and where?
- Moriones Festival, Marinduque
- Lenten rites in San Pedro Cutud, Pampanga
- Centurion Festival, General Luna, Quezon
- Kapiya Display and Pasyon Singing Contest, Santa Barbara, Iloilo
- Ang Pagtaltal, Jordan, Guimaras
- Pilgrimage, Bani, Pangasinan
- Katkat Sakripisyo sa 3003 Steps, Linabo Peak, Dipolog City
- Panaad, Camiguin Island
- Lenten Procession, Baliuag, Bulacan
- Giwang-Giwang, Binangonan, Rizal